Monday, March 27, 2006

"LIFE" in Salvador...Pt. 8

Goodmorning Ya'll. What's up? It's Monday...the beginning of a new week. Well actually, Sunday is the official beginning of the week. As you can see, I've finally posted some pictures....it took a minute, right? Well, you know, better late than never. So, my surprise to my friends in Salvador, has been placed on a slight stand still...my computer is doing tricks again....but it's coming...trust me. So everything is looking positive with the new place. I was watching a few of the home improvement shows on HGTV, and got some inspiration for the new place. James and I are going to do a few changes with the new place...you know we're going to make it look fierce..give it that "Real World"/"Top Model" makeover. We were thinking about doing some different themes with our bedrooms, and turning one of the smaller rooms into a full-on walk in closet/dressing room. Are we too much??? We are living, and being creative, and having fun. Enjoy it while we can....OK!!! But continue to send some good energy out there, because this is only the beginning. Just to throw the word out there, we will be moving out of the Harlem condo, sometime in June, and the goal is to rent it out for at least year. So, if anyone is interested in moving to an amazing, quiet, extremely friendly, and clean 2 bedroom in Harlem, give us a call or shoot me an email, and we can go from there. All of the appliances in the condo are new, there's a washer and dryer in the basement, and a shared roof deck, which makes a great environment for a party, social, or just a place of relaxation. Also, I mentioned my online internet marketing business....check out www.quixtar.com Browse through the site...hit the "Find Products" category. We have some really nice products. And listen, I am not just saying that...ya'll know me...I speak the truth, and I am not trying to be no salesman, but I think it's worth checking out. If you see something you like, email me or phone me and we can talk more. The site is off the chain ya'll...from energy drinks, to vitamins, to bedding, mattresses, to pet food, to cookware...you name it and it's there...need I say more.
Ok, so there is more to hear about my time in Salvador. I'm posting another journal entry. Enjoy. I think you will like this entry...I was rereading it yesterday...remembering my kids. It gives a lot of insight of the hospital and the kids. Enjoy. I would love to hear from everyone as well. So don't be shy to post a comment on the site. Have a great week.


Journal Entry 2/20/05
I woke up this morning very sad because I realized this is my last week. Man, I want to do so much for these kids and adults. I stretched with the adults today, and they loved it. The teenagers joined in, as well as the little ones. I really want to stay an extra week....shoot an extra month. However, the creative team at Lion King, said they needed me to return on time...it must be crazy back home. I really feel like I need to be here. Part of my time is to be here helping these patients. I saw so much today. So much life. Man, I'm about to cry as I write and reflect on my day. Today I also learned a little more about my kids. Especially some of my favorites. "C", who is very playful, very cooperative, and so well behaved...is HIV positive. He has no parents, they died, and no home. His home is the hospital. "L" is also HIV positive. He has no real home as well, and his parents are deceased. "C" is about 9 or 10, and "L" is around 5 or 6 years of age. "L" is a very sweet kid, and the boy is so photogenic. "E" is about 2 years of age. He is so well behaved. He loves to sing, and he loves to drink lots of water...and he is negative. His parents are positive, and unfortunately they are in prison. Good news though, "E"will leave in a few weeks, to go live with his Grandma. That makes me happy. Little "L" is like a year old...he's a tiny lil fella for a 1 year old. He has about 8 individual tooth, still teething a little, very quiet, but intrigued by every little thing. I was told before I arrived, he never came out of his crib, he never wanted to be touched, and he always appeared sad and unhappy. The nurses and volunteers, who were here before I arrived, all commented on how good I was with him. He smiles all the time now, plays well, and is so curious. Little "L" is HIV positive. His mom is as well. She visits him on the weekends. "D" is my sweet little angel. She's about 10 months old. Oh man, she is too cute!!! Wow, she's gonna break some hearts when she comes of age. She loves to be held and loves to walk and crawl. He mother visits frequently. Her mom is HIV positive, but we don't know if "D" is positive as of now. The doctors are still running tests on her.
There are more stories to tell, but I have to find out more info on the kids. My lil bro, "M", is who I'm curious about. He's a little jokester, and he's so good at sharing with others. He also likes to be treated as number 1. There's is nothing wrong with that. He deserves all of the attention in this world. Today was my first day working with the adults. This was a challenge, but so rewarding. I did a couple of stretches and dance moves. Some of the adults chose not to participate, due to ailing body parts, and some were just use to lying around all day. So anything physical is difficult for them. But these guys needed to get up. They need some motivation. They need to have a reason to live. They need to have "LIFE." I walked around to the rooms and saw some fairly healthy patients, just sleep for hours. I've been here f or a week, and today I saw about 8 new adults. All they do is sleep. They really need more. I would love to come back next year and spend more time motivating them. Teach them English, music, dance, and acting. Help them to want a life outside of the hospital. They are dependent on the hospital. I need to come back to fufill this dream. I also saw some of the terminal patients. Boy, that was not a good site. Not pleasant at all. I mean, just rotting away. There are like 6 terminal patients in one little hot room. They all need separate rooms. I mean, they will never get better because the germs are just festering in the air. I want to come back and build an annex to the hospital. I would like to build an annex that includes a workout facility with light weights, treadmill, workout balls, jump ropes, basketball court, futebol, a jungle gym with slides and swings. I would love to ultimately, one day, when I have built up a lot of money through investments, rebuild CAASAH...provide a warmer, cozier, and cleaner environment. A place where each child and adult, has his or her own set of personal belongings, and a room of their own.
"He Who Walks with the Wise, Grows Wise"
-Proverbs 13:20

No comments: